- What are the advantages to leasing with American Property Management?
- What is the leasing process?
- What is load factor?
- What is a Gross Full Service lease rental rate?
- What is a Modified Gross rental rate?
- What is a triple net (NNN) rate?
- How do I calculate my monthly rental obligation, if rental rates are quoted on a per square foot a year basis?
- What is an operating cost pass through?
- Will my rental rate increase over the course of my lease term?
If you have a question that isn’t answered here contact us, and we’ll get an answer to you as soon as possible.
American Property Management is a full-service real estate company. We’ve been in business since 1958 and have remained locally owned and operated since then, accumulating over 80 commercial buildings and nearly 4 million square feet of commercial space ranging from 150 square foot executive suites to 120,000 square foot distribution centers.
- Our knowledgeable leasing representative will guide you through our inventory to help you identify the best opportunities. Or, you can search our database on your own for available spaces.
- An appointment will be arranged for you to personally tour the available spaces. We can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 503-281-7779.
- Upon selection of your first choice, the leasing representative will assist you in preparing an offer with the assistance of our easy-to-use forms. Your leasing rep will be available for any questions you might have.
- Any tenant improvements will be reviewed by our in-house construction division.
- A written response will be provided quickly after the receipt of a complete proposal package.
- Our standardized lease form is used to finalize the transaction.
A load factor is an arbitrary percentage added on to the tangible square feet you occupy (useable square feet). All tenants pay their proportionate share of common areas: hallways, conference room, bathrooms, phone closets, janitorial closets, etc.
Under this rate the Lessor pays for all utilities (except telephone and data), including janitorial.
Under this rate, the Lessee usually is responsible for all the cost of utilities, garbage, janitorial, etc.
Commonly used when leasing retail or industrial property. The Lessee is responsible for all utilities, janitorial, garbage, and their share of property taxes, insurance and common area maintenance for the building.
7. How do I calculate my monthly rental obligation, if rental rates are quoted on a per square foot a year basis?
Your monthly rental rate would be calculated by multiplying your rentable square footage by the yearly rental rate, and then dividing the result by 12. For example, if you have 500 rentable square feet, and the annual rent per square foot is $14.00, 500 x $14.00 = $7000. $7000 / 12 = $583.34 a month.
American Property Management does not use this method, but landlords who do would tabulate their total operating costs for the building and you the tenant would be responsible for paying your share of these unknown costs.
Yes. American Property Management uses the Consumer Price Index (CPI) as a barometer and your annual adjustment will be a minimum of 3%, but not greater than 5%. By using this method you know what your best and worst case scenarios are up front. There are no unknown costs to worry about.